Project Do HomeAbout Project DoCompleted Projects

25 January 2010

project: etymology



Confession: I'm a complete nerd. Word nerd, to be specific. Well, I'm a nerd about other things as well, but that's beside the point right now. I subscribe to the Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day email. I own two copies of The Elements of Style. I still use my (real books) dictionary and thesaurus regularly. WORD NERD.

So you can imagine how nerdily excited I was when my new The Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology arrived in the mail this weekend.

This week will be dedicated to my new guilty pleasure. Every day I'll pick out a word from said treasure and somehow illustrate it. Yet to be determined exactly how I'll illustrate them.

[ word 01: forte ]
[ word 02: gobbledygook ]
[ word 03: raspberry ]
[ word 04: ventriloquism ]
[ word 05: avocado ]
[ word 06: marshmallow ]
[ word 07: bacon ]

No comments:

Post a Comment